I’ve been living in Orlando for the past two years and even have access to discount prices to Universal’s theme parks through UCF’s student ticket center. I’ve been itching to get to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter but us college folk are some broke-ass thrill seekers. I’ve never finished any of the books aside from the first one and only saw the films when they first came out, but I needed me some butterbeer. So sorry Universal but I decided to fly by your wizardry and brew my own simple butterbeer recipe.
I found out that a single cup of butterbeer at The Wizarding World sets you back $12 while the ingredients needed to make a batch for several people cost me about $15 if you don’t have any of the ingredients already.
- 2-liter cream soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla butter nut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- a pinch of brown sugar for fun
* just pour the extracts into the cream soda and swirl it around
- 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme (only use about half for 2-3 glasses)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
* put all the items into a blender or electric mixer with a small pour of cream soda until the mix is nice and smooth
The final step is simply pouring the butterbeer mix into a glass then adding the cream on top. To me it’s just sweet goodness but my friends who’ve had the real thing said it was barely a difference in taste.
After 2-liters of the simple butterbeer recipe it gets even easier and less of an expense. All that’s needed for the next batch is for some one to pick up the cream soda. Try it out or send us your own recipes to try!